It’s still Sunday where I am and I have gone months without posting a proper News Roundup. I wanted to rectify that somewhat, but not tonight, unfortunately. So this blog update will be used to share my plans for this month (and the next).
In 2016, I created two featured posts for this blog: Famous Sayings and the weekly News Roundup. The former was (and still is) relatively easy to do and the latter took a lot of work. Somehow, I was able to keep up. I regularly put out those two posts each week. Then, it got much harder, especially after I decided to move around my featured posts.
At first, it made sense to move around the posts. In order to look back at a full week, it made sense to start on a Sunday and Fridays were a good place to put a post looking at famous sayings. Yet that somehow made things harder.
Why Have I Been Lagging?
For some reason, it was much easier to do the News Roundup on a Saturday. And it was still easy to do the Famous Sayings posts on Sundays, even after doing the News Roundups.
When I think about it, there may be 5 reasons for that:
- NFL Football. When I started doing the News Roundups, it was doing the NFL season, but for some reason, that wasn’t a problem. Last year, it was because when the games are on and I don’t have to be anywhere else, my focus is shot.
- My Procrastination. When I pushed the post to Sundays, that triggered my laziness and internal excuse-making.
- My Tendency to Overdo Things. I started to do a lot more research than I’ve ever done, but I end up doing too much in this department. This is a problem I’m having with other posts.
- Needing a Change of Pace. For some reason, the Famous Sayings posts seem new to me every time. It might be because less research is needed, generally speaking.
- Time Management. The other problems feed into this one, especially when I become distracted.
For the time being, I need to make things easier for myself by doing fewer stories for the News Roundup. At the very least, I should work on a few stories during the week to give myself less to do by the end of it.
What’s In This Update?
With the above in mind, I am considering moving the posts back. If I do that, it won’t be this month, do.
In the meantime is what I have planned where News Roundups are concerned:
- News I Missed
- News Roundup Special: The Republican Tax Plan
- North Korea Update
- Sexual Harassment Is a Huge Problem in the Media
- Some Notes on Trump’s Asia Trip
Let’s see how I do with this.
Oh, and this is the 400th post I’ve made on this blog.
Also, January 7 if David Yost’s birthday (for you MMPR fans out there).