Recently, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Three people actually nominated me. Thanks go to joanne2016, owldragonash, and Amina. Thanks, ladies!
It has taken me awhile to get to this. For one thing, I took so long because I was debating whether or not to accept this award (and the Liebster Award), but…I ultimately realized that the main point would be for me to recognize other bloggers. That, too, has taken awhile because I have only begun to dip my feet in that pool and I wanted to find a group of other bloggers that might not have garnered that much attention.
Finally, I am pretty slow when it comes to blogging for myself. I need some time to properly get my thoughts out, do some research if needed, and edit my text. (Even then, it may take me longer to see my own spelling and grammatical mistakes :cry:.) Particularly for this post (and the next), I had to do some research about the award origins, find some people to nominate beyond the ones I have met recently, and to make sure that some of them hadn’t already been nominated for this award before.
Now, in order to participate, I have to abide by a few rules. However, the list might change, depending on the blog post.
Here’s one list for anyone who accepts this award:
- Thank the fellow blogger(s) who nominate you.
- Display the award on your blog.*
- Write 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
*This can be done in this type of blog post or via a widget.
Here’s a list from the Versatile Blogger Award Website:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
This call for 15 other Bloggers?!!! Shoot. It was hard enough for me to find 10!!!
My Nominees for the Award
Since I’m so thorough (I hate that about myself sometimes), I went with the latter list. (Anyone can do the best they can with the nomination process even if they can’t find 10 or 15 other bloggers, if they choose to accept this award.) Here are the bloggers I’m nominating:
- willjwrightblog (who runs Wright Words)
- getalamfel (for According to Greta)
- EricMWalk (for Still Thinking)
- shamilahr (who nominated me for the Liebster Award and has wonderful content)
- Joyful2Bee (who runs joyful2beeblogs)
- Kosmogonic (for his brilliant poetry)
- Man of many thoughts (for keithgarrettpoetry)
- Emily C (for Raising Genius)
- Marsman (for My Nerdy Comic Drawings)
- sunnyrap (for Black Coffee and Cigarettes)
- Krista (for Bewildered Creatures)
Here are 7 facts about Me:
- My birthday is this month, on the 27th. (Don’t ask.)
- The Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game series.
- I am ambidextrous; I do most things with my right hand, but all the important things (eating, writing, drawing, and brushing my teeth) with my left hand.
- I’m wish I was a much faster reader, but I have been doing a lot more reading lately. 😉
- I suck at social media, although I need to use it for business purposes. Also, I will need it for personal reasons, as well.
- I prefer messaging over talking on the phone and I love talking to people face to face most of all.
- I have had one type of OCD since I was 7-8, but not it’s as bad as Marc Summers’ condition.
As a reminder, no one I’ve nominated has to accept this award, but hopefully people will give their blogs a look. And again, thanks to the three ladies who nominated me!
4 thoughts on “I Formally Accept the Versatile Blogger Award”
Congratulations VERSATILE BLOGGER. All the best. May God bless you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations! You deserve it 😀
And thank you so much for the nomination. Sending good vibes your way 😀
Also, in reference to Fact #5. My job is managing Social media for brands. So if you ever need any help, I’ll be glad to lend a hand ^_^
Blogging is a good outlet for anyone who has OCD tendencies.
It’s not that bad for me and I have found ways to manage it over the years. Also, it might sound ironic, but I am still kinda messy considering.
Thank you for stopping by. I love it when you take the time to comment on one of my posts.
Also, I have nominated you for the